In addition to the rent, there are a few other costs that tenants must budget for before entering into a tenancy agreement with Aylesford International.
- Reference fee payable per applicant £54.00 (inc VAT)
- Guarantor reference fee £54.00 (inc VAT) - if applicable.
- Tenancy agreement fee £180.00 (inc VAT)
- Inventory check-in fee - dependent on the size of the property, but usually paid for by the Landlord unless two inventory clerks are instructed, in which case each party pays for their own clerk.
- Deposit - usually 6 weeks rent which is held against any damages and dilapidations except where there are animals, and this is usually 8 weeks rent.
- Reservation fee - 2 week's rent which reverts to being part of the 6 weeks deposit when the contracts are signed.
- 2% surcharge on credit card payments.
Throughout the tenancy there are other costs that must be covered on top of the rent. These might include:
- Late rent payment fees: More than 7 days overdue: £30.00 (inc VAT), More than 14 days overdue: a further £30.00 (inc VAT). Simple interest on any rent not paid within the 14 days from the date it falls due to the due date of actual payment. Interest will be calculated at the Law Society
- Interest Rate.
- Amendment of the contract fee £180.00 (inc VAT)
- Renewal lease charge £90.00 (inc VAT)
- Utilities (gas, electricity, water and telephone)
- Council Tax
- Television licence
- Installation of cable/satellite and any monthly subscription charges
- Insurance (for your personal and own contents)
- Garden maintenance
- Keeping the drains/gutters clear
- Annual alarm contract
- Window cleaning
At the end of the tenancy:
- Professional cleaning of the property.
- Inventory check-out. This fee is dependent on the size of the property, but is usually paid for by the Tenant unless two inventory clerks are instructed, in which case each party pays for their own clerk.
- Dilapidations as stated in the inventory check out report.
The Department for Communities and Local Government - Guide to renting in the UK